Meet Our Team
Michele – Office Manager
“I entered the dental field later in life, having been a stay-at-home mother for my five children. I began working as a part-time receptionist and immediately fell in love with the dental industry. In the beginning, I would come home and study the ADA codes, trying to learn about as many dental procedures as I could.
When I began working for Dr. Rief, she felt it was important that I continue to immerse myself in the dental world by sending me to many courses, including management, software, clinical, and photography.
I take a lot of pride in the fact that when I first started with Dr. Rief eleven years ago we had an appointment book and used very little technology. With my new skills I was able to digitize the office and begin using cutting edge technology. I have put together many systems to help our practice run smoothly and have had the opportunity to present these systems to several audiences, as well as coach offices on a one-on-one basis.”
- Began her career in the dental industry in 2000
- Joined Dr. Rief at Crossroads Dental Arts in 2007
- Has attended many practice management seminars including prestigious Las Vegas Institute
- She enjoys reading, watching the Ravens and Orioles, theater and spending time with her family
Melissa – Dental Assistant
“In 2006 when I was 18 years old, my father’s friend offered for me to come into his orthodontist practice to observe and see if I would be interested in dentistry. After working there for about a year and a half, I decided to go back to school to to further my abilities as a dental assistant.
While in school to earn my dental radiography license, I was offered a position at a general dentist office. After working in that practice for about a year and a half, it was time for me to move to a more forward-thinking practice.
I joined Crossroads Dental Arts in 2011 and began completing my dental assistant courses to become an expanded-functions dental assistant. I have been with Crossroads Dental Arts for seven years and feel very proud of the office. We have state-of-the-art equipment to help make your dental visits more comfortable, including the use of the Itero Scanner. I look forward to being a part of your dental journey for years to come!”
- Began her career in the dental industry in 2009
- Joined Dr. Rief at Crossroads Dental Arts in 2011
- Certified in Expanded Functions and Oral Radiology
- She enjoys listening to music, shopping, and spending time with friends, family and pets
Patty – Dental Hygienist
“As a child, going to the dentist was often an unpleasant experience. However, when I was a freshman in high school, a representative from The University of Maryland School of Dentistry came to speak at our career day. At that moment, I knew dental hygiene was the path for me. My training would allow me to help alleviate the fears of many, and I could not wait to give others a more pleasant experience.
I have been a practicing dental hygienist for over 30 years and still love my profession. It is my passion to help others and to educate patients regarding their oral health and their systemic health as well. I enjoy seeing the improvement in their teeth and gums, and their beautiful smiles speak a thousand words. I have been a team member of Crossroads Dental Arts since 2014, and my goal is that each appointment is a positive learning experience.”
- Earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Dental Hygiene from the University of Maryland in 1987
- Joined Crossroads Dental Arts in 2014
- Certified to administer anesthesia
- She enjoys participating in triathalons, and spending time with her husband, family and vizsla puppies.
Danyelle – Dental Assistant and Patient Care Coordinator
“When I was a young child I had a traumatic dental experience: I was playing football on skates and fell, chipping my front tooth. My mother took me to the dentist and I was frightened by the sounds of the office, but eventually became accustomed to the environment. However, I continued to have problems with that tooth.
After having my children, I decided to go back to school to become a dental assistant, a profession that I wanted to learn more about and knew I would find rewarding. My favorite part about being a dental assistant is meeting new patients and making them feel comfortable. I want to make the dental experience less anxiety-producing for our patients. Our patients at Crossroads Dental Arts always put a smile on my face as we do on theirs.”
- Graduated from Fortis Institute in 2010
- Has been working as a dental assistant and patient care coordinator since 2010
- Joined Dr. Rief at Crossroads Dental Arts in 2014
- She enjoys spending time with family, traveling, reading, and meeting new people
Olga – Dental Hygienist
“When I arrived in the United States, I didn’t speak English. My husband took me to the dentist, and after studying what the hygienist was doing, I realized that a profession in dental hygiene was my calling.
I was previously a high school chemistry teacher, and I have found during my time working as a hygienist I can educate my patients as I did my students. I love building trust and rapport with my patients to make their experience a comfortable one. I look forward to bringing my love of dental hygiene to my patients at Crossroads Dental Arts.”
- Graduated valedictorian from Indiana University School of Dentistry in 2005 with a degree in Dental Hygiene
- Received her master’s degree in biology and chemistry, and taught high school chemistry
- Began working with Dr. Rief at Crossroads Dental Arts in 2018
- She enjoys spending time outdoors with her family
Alicia – Dental Assistant
“I knew that I wanted a career where I could help people in a meaningful way. In 2011 I took a placement test at All State Career Center. After scoring high on the test, Dental Assisting was suggested to me as a potential career. Instantly it made sense to pursue that career path especially since my mom had an unfortunate dental experience due to severe periodontitis. From that point in time I decided to help turn that experience around for others. Besides working in the dental field as a Dental Assistant, I have taken continuing education courses and obtained certification in the field which has allowed me to not only gain more knowledge, but expand the procedures that I can perform as a Dental Assistant”
- Began her dental career in 2012
- Joined Crossroads Dental Arts 2019
- EFDA and Radiation Technician
- Enjoys dancing, shopping, watching movies and playing games
10 Crossroads Dr | Suite 203 | Owings Mills, MD | 21117 | (410) 363-2121
Proudly serving: Owings Mills, Reisterstown, Randallstown, Pikesville, Westminster, Towson & Lutherville