Meet Our Team
Patty – Dental Hygienist
“As a child, going to the dentist was often an unpleasant experience. However, when I was a freshman in high school, a representative from The University of Maryland School of Dentistry came to speak at our career day. At that moment, I knew dental hygiene was the path for me. My training would allow me to help alleviate the fears of many, and I could not wait to give others a more pleasant experience.
I have been a practicing dental hygienist for over 30 years and still love my profession. It is my passion to help others and to educate patients regarding their oral health and their systemic health as well. I enjoy seeing the improvement in their teeth and gums, and their beautiful smiles speak a thousand words. I have been a team member of Crossroads Dental Arts since 2014, and my goal is that each appointment is a positive learning experience.”
- Earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Dental Hygiene from the University of Maryland in 1987
- Joined Crossroads Dental Arts in 2014
- Certified to administer anesthesia
- She enjoys participating in triathalons, and spending time with her husband, family and vizsla puppies.
Ashley – Dental Hygienist
Ever since I was a young child, I’ve always been obsessed with beautiful smiles! As a dental hygienist, my goal is to help patients feel comfortable and at ease during their visits. During each appointment, I educate and provide gentle and thorough dental cleanings. My passion is educating my patients. I love seeing their faces after the cleaning, knowing I have put my heart into each appointment with them.
- Joined Crossroads Dental Arts in 2019
- Graduated Cum Laude from the dental hygiene program at the Community College of Baltimore County
- Certified in nitrous oxide and local anesthesia
- I enjoy spending time with my husband and daughter.
Olga – Dental Hygienist
“When I arrived in the United States, I didn’t speak English. My husband took me to the dentist, and after studying what the hygienist was doing, I realized that a profession in dental hygiene was my calling.
I was previously a high school chemistry teacher, and I have found during my time working as a hygienist I can educate my patients as I did my students. I love building trust and rapport with my patients to make their experience a comfortable one. I look forward to bringing my love of dental hygiene to my patients at Crossroads Dental Arts.”
- Graduated valedictorian from Indiana University School of Dentistry in 2005 with a degree in Dental Hygiene
- Received her master’s degree in biology and chemistry, and taught high school chemistry
- Began working with Dr. Rief at Crossroads Dental Arts in 2018
- She enjoys spending time outdoors with her family
Danyelle – Dental Assistant and Patient Care Coordinator
“When I was a young child I had a traumatic dental experience: I was playing football on skates and fell, chipping my front tooth. My mother took me to the dentist and I was frightened by the sounds of the office, but eventually became accustomed to the environment. However, I continued to have problems with that tooth.
After having my children, I decided to go back to school to become a dental assistant, a profession that I wanted to learn more about and knew I would find rewarding. My favorite part about being a dental assistant is meeting new patients and making them feel comfortable. I want to make the dental experience less anxiety-producing for our patients. Our patients at Crossroads Dental Arts always put a smile on my face as we do on theirs.”
- Graduated from Fortis Institute in 2010
- Has been working as a dental assistant and patient care coordinator since 2010
- Joined Dr. Rief at Crossroads Dental Arts in 2014
- She enjoys spending time with family, traveling, reading, and meeting new people
When I meet someone for the first time, I immediately notice their beautiful teeth. There is nothing more important than great oral health, because great oral health leads to great overall health.
I have always enjoyed performing cosmetic skin treatments and have a love for technology. After establishing a career as a licensed esthetician, I decided to further my education with a degree in Information Technology. As a member of Crossroads Dental Arts, I am able to provide world class service, utilize my skills in technology, and interact with our great patients.
- Began her career in the dental industry in 2017
- Joined Dr. Joanne Rief at Crossroads Dental Arts in 2020
- Certified esthetician
- Attended various dental practice seminars and training as a Dental Financial Coordinator
- Enjoys traveling, canoeing, hiking, shopping, and spending time with family
Kori- Dental Receptionist
“In 2015 I began working in Pediatric Dentistry with children with disabilities. I enjoyed seeing their smiling faces, and making them laugh to ease their anxiety before their dental appointments. Front desk dental team members are the first impression when patients walk through the door. Now that I am a team member at Crossroads Dental Arts, I strive to make every patient appointment a WOW experience so that patient will want to rave about our dental practice.“
- Joined Crossroads Dental Arts in 2020
- Enjoys taking spending time with her son, checking out parks, singing and dancing
Alicia – Dental Assistant
“I knew that I wanted a career where I could help people in a meaningful way. In 2011 I took a placement test at All State Career Center. After scoring high on the test, Dental Assisting was suggested to me as a potential career. Instantly it made sense to pursue that career path especially since my mom had an unfortunate dental experience due to severe periodontitis. From that point in time I decided to help turn that experience around for others. Besides working in the dental field as a Dental Assistant, I have taken continuing education courses and obtained certification in the field which has allowed me to not only gain more knowledge, but expand the procedures that I can perform as a Dental Assistant.“
- Began her dental career in 2012
- Joined Crossroads Dental Arts 2019
- EFDA and Radiation Technician
- Enjoys dancing, shopping, watching movies and playing games
“Growing up I always knew I wanted a career in the medical field. I wanted to be able to make a difference, but I did know know which field to pursue. I attended some college courses and orientation in different fields. At that time I knew nothing about dentistry. As I finished my orientation for dental assisting at CCBC, I knew that dentistry was the best choice for me. As soon as the classes started and I visited dental offices, I became more fascinated and eager to begin my career as a dental assistant. I love what I do every day at Crossroads Dental Arts. It gives me great pleasure to make special connections with each of our patients, and make a difference in their lives. “
- Graduated from the dental assisting program at Community College of Baltimore County 2018
- Joined Crossroads Dental Arts in 2020
- Enjoys spending time with family and friends
Marshae -Dental Assistant
“I love dentistry and everything that comes along with it. When I wake up every day to go to work I can honestly say, I love what I do. I am grateful for this career opportunity because I tried college, trade school, and more college, but everything seemed to lose my attention. My aunt told me about scholarship programs at CCBC that she thought would interest me, and sent me on my way to take a look. One of the programs listed was Dental Assisting.
Helping patients to become confident enough to smile from ear to ear brings joy to me. I saw a patient who had not smiled in over 10 years. It broke my heart. I was there every step on her journey to having a beautiful smile, by holding her hand and giving her words of encouragement. When the patient had finished her treatment, she said to me, “Marshae, I could not have done this without you.” She gave me a hug and began to cry for joy, relief, and happiness. I know that Dental Assisting is the career for me when I can make a difference in people’s lives.”
- Recipient of the Kathy and Jerry Wood Foundation Scholarship at CCBC-Dental Assisting
- Keynote speaker at graduation-2018
- Radiation Technician
- Joined Crossroads Dental Arts in 2020
- Enjoys walking trails
- Loves her German Shepherd and self pampering
10 Crossroads Dr | Suite 203 | Owings Mills, MD | 21117 | (410) 363-2121
Proudly serving: Owings Mills, Reisterstown, Randallstown, Pikesville, Westminster, Towson & Lutherville