Meet Our Team
Patty – Dental Hygienist
“As a child, going to the dentist was often an unpleasant experience. However, when I was a freshman in high school, a representative from The University of Maryland School of Dentistry came to speak at our career day. At that moment, I knew dental hygiene was the path for me. My training would allow me to help alleviate the fears of many, and I could not wait to give others a more pleasant experience.
I have been a practicing dental hygienist for over 30 years and still love my profession. It is my passion to help others and to educate patients regarding their oral health and their systemic health as well. I enjoy seeing the improvement in their teeth and gums, and their beautiful smiles speak a thousand words. I have been a team member of Crossroads Dental Arts since 2014, and my goal is that each appointment is a positive learning experience.”
- Earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Dental Hygiene from the University of Maryland in 1987
- Joined Crossroads Dental Arts in 2014
- Certified to administer anesthesia
- She enjoys participating in triathalons, and spending time with her husband, family and vizsla puppies.
Colette – Dental Hygienist
As early as I can remember, I’ve always enjoyed going to the dentist. In the early 1980’s, while working at my neighborhood deli, I expressed an interest in becoming a dentist. My boss, the owner of the deli, introduced me to his next door neighbor, who had just opened a dental practice. From that moment on, I was sure that dentistry would be my career path. I made the decision to return to school at Towson University, where I majored in Biology. I would later attend Allegany Community College, where I received my Dental Hygiene Degree.
I love to laugh in the operatory with my patients. It is important to get to know my patients and make them comfortable while there are in the dental chair. I am gentle, however, thorough. I have been working as a Dental Hygienist for 28 years and consider myself to be fortunate to become the newest member of Crossroads Dental Arts.
- Towson University, class of 1991
- Allegany Community College class of 1994
- Enjoys cooking great Italian meals from scratch
- Enjoys traveling to the Florida Keys
- Is passionate about health, nutrition, fitness, including cycling
Danyelle – Financial and Patient Care Coordinator
“When I was a young child I had a traumatic dental experience: I was playing football on skates and fell, chipping my front tooth. My mother took me to the dentist and I was frightened by the sounds of the office, but eventually became accustomed to the environment. However, I continued to have problems with that tooth.
After having my children, I decided to go back to school to become a dental assistant, a profession that I wanted to learn more about and knew I would find rewarding. My favorite part about being a dental assistant is meeting new patients and making them feel comfortable. I want to make the dental experience less anxiety-producing for our patients. Our patients at Crossroads Dental Arts always put a smile on my face as we do on theirs.”
- Graduated from Fortis Institute in 2010
- Has been working as a dental assistant and patient care coordinator since 2010
- Joined Dr. Rief at Crossroads Dental Arts in 2014
- She enjoys spending time with family, traveling, reading, and meeting new people
When I meet someone for the first time, I immediately notice their beautiful teeth. There is nothing more important than great oral health because great oral health leads to great overall health.
I have always enjoyed performing cosmetic skin treatments and have a love for technology. After establishing a career as a licensed esthetician, I decided to further my education with a degree in Information Technology. As a member of Crossroads Dental Arts, I am able to provide world-class service, utilize my skills in technology, and interact with our great patients.
- Began her career in the dental industry in 2017
- Joined Dr. Joanne Rief at Crossroads Dental Arts in 2020
- Certified esthetician
- Attended various dental practice seminars and training as a Dental Financial Coordinator
- Enjoys traveling, canoeing, hiking, shopping, and spending time with family
Shey – Insurance Coordinator
- Graduated Randallstown High School/Biomedical Tech program in 2012
- Attended Morgan State university
- Began my career in the dental industry 2021
- Attended Dental Training Seminars in 2021
- Enjoys home crafting, spending time with her family, cooking and reading
Cydni – Front Desk Coordinator
When I was growing up I had a strong passion for the medical field, specifically dentistry. I found my love for dentistry during my own journey of wearing braces. I learned so much during that process and I could not help but seek a doctor whose eye for esthetics matched my own. I enjoy educating others in the various aspects of dentistry. I am passionate about maintaining peak oral health, and I enjoy spreading that knowledge to others. I firmly believe that everyone should have healthy teeth and gums, and more importantly a beautiful smile.
- Graduated from Randallstown High in 2020
- Began my dental career working at and endodontic office
- Enjoy attending dental meetings and conferences
- Enjoys working part time as a hair stylist and shopping
Alicia – Dental Assistant
“I knew that I wanted a career where I could help people in a meaningful way. In 2011 I took a placement test at All State Career Center. After scoring high on the test, Dental Assisting was suggested to me as a potential career. Instantly it made sense to pursue that career path especially since my mom had an unfortunate dental experience due to severe periodontitis. From that point in time I decided to help turn that experience around for others. Besides working in the dental field as a Dental Assistant, I have taken continuing education courses and obtained certification in the field which has allowed me to not only gain more knowledge, but expand the procedures that I can perform as a Dental Assistant.”
- Began her dental career in 2012
- Joined Crossroads Dental Arts 2019
- EFDA and Radiation Technician
- Enjoys dancing, shopping, watching movies and playing games
Natalie – Dental Assistant
“After graduation from high school, I decided that going into a field where I could help people really appealed to me. After thinking about lots of career paths, I realized that gorgeous smiles seemed to be contagious. I found myself being drawn to people with beautiful teeth, and seeing the warm of their smiles made me want to learn more about the field of dentistry. I enrolled and graduated from Medix School and became a certified Dental Assistant. I was fortunate to be able to attend many continuing education courses through the American Dental Association and others.“
- Received certification in Expanded Functions in General and Orthodontics from Maryland State Dental Association 2007
- Received Associate’s degree in General Studies, Community College of Baltimore County 2019
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources currently
- Enjoys spending time with loved ones
- Loves to roller skate, cook, read, and travel
Lauryn – Dental Assistant
“After years of working in the retail space, I realized that my passion for helping people went far beyond clothing selections or finding the perfect piece for their home. I decided that working in a place where happy smiles are a top priority could be a great fit. In the summer of 2020 I had expressed to my family that I wanted to go back to school and pursue a career in healthcare. I did some research and found the Fortis Institute, and decided to start their dental assisting program. While attending Fortis I not only learned the importance of good oral health, but also how important it is for someone to receive great dental care.“
- Graduated from New Town High School 2016
- Attended the Fortis Institute 2020
- Began my dental assisting career 2021
- Enjoys cooking, hairstyling, and spending time with family
Elizabeth – Dental Assistant
- Graduated from Centennial High School
- Attended Howard Community College
- Completed training at Dental Assistance Training School(DATS)
- Certified in BLS/CPR
Georgina – Certified Dental Assistant
As a small child growing up in Ghana, it was not common practice to go to the dentist. My first dental experience came at the age of 21. I went to the dentist to discuss problems I was experiencing with my teeth, and how unhappy I was with my smile. My dentist spoke to me about bonding and crowns, as well as how to care for my teeth. She referred me to another dentist that also educated me about the different types of dental procedures. After receiving treatment and changing my smile, I knew I wanted to pursue a career in the field of dentistry.
After moving to the United States and working as a Nursing Assistant for 4 years, I decided to enroll in school for Dental Assisting. I took a position at an Oral Surgeon’s office. Today I am part of the Crossroads Dental Arts team. I love working in the field of dentistry. It is my greatest passion to patients smiles after receiving excellent oral care. Knowing that I am a part of a team that takes pride in improving the overall health of our patients, while giving them beautiful smiles, confirms my decision to work as a Dental Assistant here at Crossroads Dental Arts.
- Completed DATS Dental Assisting program-Baltimore, MD in 2018
- X-Ray certification-Baltimore, MD in 2018
- Enjoys spending time with her family and friends and peaceful time at the beach
10 Crossroads Dr | Suite 203 | Owings Mills, MD | 21117 | (410) 363-2121
Proudly serving: Owings Mills, Reisterstown, Randallstown, Pikesville, Westminster, Towson & Lutherville