8 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR DENTAL LUCK
With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner, we wanted to discuss some ways to improve your dental health and avoid dental problems, therefore increasing your “dental luck.” These are easy, everyday changes and improvements that can make a big difference in the long run.
- Listen to your body. If you are experiencing any pain, discomfort, sensitivity or swelling, don’t ignore it in the hopes it will just go away. Best to have it checked out!
- Don’t base health care decisions solely on insurance coverage. Our goal for all of our patients is to offer the best treatment possible, in an affordable manner. Dental insurance can help with the cost of your care but it should never dictate your treatment. As your healthcare providers, we get to know YOU and your mouth better than anyone else. We have an ethical obligation to make you aware of the condition of your mouth and what your treatment options are, regardless of what the insurance will cover. We will work with you to maximize your insurance benefits and make comfortable financial arrangements.
- Don’t avoid the dentist because you no longer have dental insurance. This tip ties in with our last point. If you don’t have dental coverage, you can call or visit our website and learn about our in-office plan. The CDA plan is a great alternative to traditional dental insurance.
- Keep your hygiene visits! We can’t emphasize this point enough. Delaying your routine cleaning and exam puts your mouth at risk. Professional cleanings keep your gums healthy and check-up x-rays and exams allow for early diagnose and conservative treatment options.
- Floss correctly. This has been a somewhat hot topic in the media recently…do yourself a favor and please take the advice of dental professionals when we recommend flossing! It only takes a few minutes of your day and the more you do it, the faster and more effective your flossing will be. Also important…ask your hygienist to show you the best technique!
- Use your teeth for what they were designed to do. Biting into bottle caps, chewing on your pen or nails, biting tags off…if this sounds familiar, then this tip is for you! Teeth are to be used for chewing and biting food, smiling, and to aid in speech. If you use them for other things, you are pressing your luck! Your precious teeth may chip or break resulting in poor esthetics and the need for dental treatment like bonding or crowns.
- Straighten your teeth. Crowding or spacing issues can put you at higher risk for plaque and tartar build up, gums problems, and cavities. Consider orthodontics to correct these concerns and improve your smile! We’d be happy to offer you a complimentary Invisalign consult!
- Find quality care and the right provider for you. When choosing a dentist, do you homework and follow your instincts. At Crossroads Dental Arts we provide the highest quality care using only the best materials and modern technology. Our office is a clean, comfortable and friendly environment where you can feel at east knowing you‘re in good hands!
10 Crossroads Dr | Suite 203 | Owings Mills, MD | 21117 | (410) 363-2121
Proudly serving: Owings Mills, Reisterstown, Randallstown, Pikesville, Westminster, Towson & Lutherville